
For those of you who know me, you know that after pizza my favorite food is the Buffalo Wing. So I've made a point to seek out Birmingham's greatest wings since moving here. It's been a struggle. Many of my attempts have taken me to the bad parts of the city. If I would've had my bulletproof vest, I may be writing about different wings right now. I'm looking at you Wings 'n' Rings. Luckily, when I'm in the mood for wings I don't need to venture outside of my neighborhood to find them at the lovely Rojo--2925 Highland Ave. S.
The wings are $6.50, and you get around ten of them, celery, and their homemade ranch. These are good sized wings too. They aren't the biggest I've ever had, but they are far from the smallest.
The Rojo menu has hot wings, taco wings, and bbq wings. I've had the hot wings and one of the bbq wings. The bbq wings aren't bad, but I've never been a fan of the bbq. I guess I consider myself to be a purist when it comes to wings. Rojo provides the great taste of a hot wing, butter and hot sauce.
If you're in the mood for wings and maybe a cold beer, Rojo is what you need. It is definitely worth visiting. Sit outside and enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment